Skip to main navigation.

Financial Assistance & Payment Arrangements

Financial Assistance 

If illness, accident or some other incident drains your financial resources or if you are elderly or living on a fixed or low income, you may be eligible to have financial assistance from state or federal governmental agencies which can help you pay your utility bills. If you need help, please contact your local County Welfare Office or call the Human Services Department toll-free at 1-800-432-6217. There are some utility companies that have funds for help on a one-time basis if you cannot pay your bill. Please ask the utility company if they provide this kind of help. Also a third party may provide a guarantee of your bill.

Even if financial assistance is not available, the utility will not cut off service if doing so would harm the life of a seriously ill person in your home and you provide the utility with a medical certificate.

Payment Arrangements

If a consumer foresees a problem paying their bill they may come into the office to make a payment arrangement at least four (4) days before disconnect day. The payment arrangement requires for the consumer to pay half or the full amount due. If the remaining balance is not paid by the date agreed, then the consumer has seven (7) days to pay the account in full before the account gets disconnected. If a payment agreement is done on disconnect day, NORA Co-op will determine how long the extension. The payment arrangement will still require the consumer to pay half of the amount due before the arrangement is granted.
Failure to receive a bill does not relieve you of your responsibility to pay the bill, waive any late penalties, or other fees associated with collection of this account.

Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo